[UPDATED JANUARY 2013]
Crocodile Senior's menu covers the Aussie Thai standards but also has a great range of street foodie goodies. Our favourites were the the little soups and snack dishes, which were mostly around the $5 mark. The Sukathai noodle soup was a particular fave, and the boat noodle soup was pretty dang good too. The larger dishes were good but it's the little snacky fellas we'll be back for. A couple of these little dishes and a $3 happy hour schooner make for a very pleasant pitstop.
Left to right:
- $3 Happy hour schooners plus the traditional Thai condiment set = very happy
- Pork skin crackers - grab a bag for about $2 and munch with your beers
- Sukathai noodle soup - $4.90 - fish balls and slices in a green chili flavoured spicy broth
- Boat noodle soup - $4.90
- Deng Deng Balls - fish balls and green chilli paste - fiery little numbers
- Tom yum dry noodles - $4.90 - mix through the tom yum flavour hidden at the bottom of the bowl
- Long Talay Noodle - $12.90 - mussels, prawns and fish with a chili sauce and egg noodles on the side
- Crispy pork larb - $12.90 - large hunks of tooth breaking pork belly, bigger bits than your usual larb mince size and a fresh dressed salad
- BBQ Pork on Rice - $11.20 - a daily special, the usual BBQ pork style and a little bit of roast belly with a little sweet sauce for flavour
BACK AGAIN JANUARY 2013...
In for a quick pre-gig feed. It's full of Thai folks which is all you need to know about the quality of the food. It's $3 schooners and half price cocktails during happy hour (6-9 Thursday & Friday nights).
- Boat noodle soup - we just gotta...
- Red curry with pork - it lacks street cred but it's yum
- Gravy noodle - lovely wok-smokey flat noodles in a thick gravy that thins out into a soup as you get to the bottom of the bowl, an excellent, simple, beer soaker
- BBQ pork noodles - Chinese style bbq pork on top of egg noodles coated in a gooey sweet bbq sauce, awesome.
This place is such an uncelebrated little gem. If the idea of some Thai street food in a pub environment sounds good to you then you are going to love it.
Mrs Chans Kitchen \ Crocodile Snr Thai is at 631 - 635 George St, Chinatown, also accessible from Sussex Street. Thursday and Friday happy hour beer special from 6 to 8pm of $3 Tooheys Old or Tooheys New (mix together to make a Tooheys Now).
View Larger Map